Steve Harsha on tour

Friday, March 10, 2006

We made it!!!


We finally arrived at our first tournament site for the 2006 NGA Hooters tour Michelob Ultra Classic in Eustis, FL. After locating the course and signing up for the Monday qualifier I was pleased and relieved to speak with the friendly pro shop staff and coordinate staying for the duration of the tournament in the golf course parking lot! Then after spending a few hours practicing at the tournament site Joe and I headed south for Lakeland and my Grandpa's house. I was very excited to see Him and Joanne again so soon after our stay in January during ranking school.


After settling in us three boys went out to dinner at a local restaurant called Smokey Bones where we enjoyed some great food and we were able to watch some very missed sports. I hope grandpa and Joanne know how much I appreciate there spending time with me and welcoming me into there home. It is very nice to again meet up with some family and have a normal bed a shower to use. Also I was happy they were able to be home for the arrival of my driver! For those of you who don't know I cracked the face of my driver the night before we left on the cross country drive, and I had to have it rushed into and out of the Cleveland golf tour department and drop-shipped to FL. The picture of me off the tee is the first swing with it in my hands again. It feels great!

The next morning Joe and I headed to Lone Palm Country Club on the other side of town. Grandpa set up with one of his clients a tee time at the private club which happens to be the best course in town! And was it ever nice... The greens were so fast and the surroundings so tropical it felt like I was on the jungle cruise at Disneyland. In fact I posted a picture of one of the locals cooling off in one of the many lakes(we did see a 12' alligator however I wasn't going to go up and take a picture of it). There wasn't a hole on the course that didn't have a lake, most of which had tropical islands with hundreds of exotic birds and plants in the middle. It was so incredible! Oh well I better be going, ill post again soon, and thanks for visiting my site!

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krystal says she misses you and wants you to come home soon. You need to come to Disneyland with us in April. New plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home