Steve Harsha on tour

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Friends on the Road



Well its been a busy week so far and I haven't had much time to post as I have been preparing for the Monday qualifier that took place yesterday. Time has started to fly since the season has begun, and my game is getting closer and closer to where it needs to be. It is so nice and at times hard for me to realize that I am able to put every ounce of energy into golf and improving, and I'm so excited to see where golf takes me. Another great side to the journey to the PGA tour that I am taking part in is making some really good friends on the road. This week for instance I had the greatest time hanging out with some friend pictured in one of my last posts, as well as this one. They are some of the funniest people on the planet and together the five of us never stop laughing. JR Munson (pictured in red and on the left playing x-box)from Kansas City, Kansas is the guy pictured in red. Let me tell ya he'll put a smile on your face that doesn't leave until well after he's gone, I cant imagine being on tour without him around, it wouldn't be the same. He's a welcome break from the stresses that surround life as a professional golfer trying to make a cut. Another one of the "fella's" is named Corey Mcalarney from Pennsylvania who now lives in South Carolina, and has been hanging out with me and Joe ever since Orlando event. In fact Joe Corey and myself were all paired together on Monday... What a fun group that was!! We also all played a practice round as a fivesome, what a blast! And last but far from least a guy I met this week because he was rooming with JR; from Janesville, Wisconsin Eric Birkholz (pictured in the green hat and white shirt, also in the center playing x-box). He has a wife and son back home whom he speaks very highly of, and I have to thank them for giving Eric his deserved shot on tour and allowing him the time away from home to tour with us. He's a real blast to be around, and always good for some laugh's. I feel so lucky to have met these guys and look foreword to hanging out with them the rest of the season.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those bananas hanging from a coat hanger in the background of the first picture? Pure genius :)

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello boys! First off I want to say how cool I think your blogs are. You guys give such insite to those who really have no idea about our journey ect. I am so happy to of met the two of you. And thank you for the nice things you mentioned in your blog about me and my family Steve. You are both a couple of class acts! And please send my congradulations to Joe for getting in! There is so much more I could thank you guys for, your hospitality, friendship, or just hanging around with. Keep doing what you're doing. As for me I have been working on my game ever since I got back from Perdido. Every day I hit at least 500 balls and work on my short game. I am very excited about the next series of events. And wether I Monday qualify in Georgia or not, it's off to AL with yet still the highest of expectations. It's all a jouney isn't it? Well anyway I think that will be all from me for a bit. You guys take care of yourself on the road, and we'll see next Saturday evening in Flowery Branch, or I'll be there early Sunday morning. I'll be on the range as usuall around 8am or so. I'm going to try and play two practice rounds Sunday. Give me a call on my cell @608-751-3383 or email me@ birk23@sbcglobal.net. Take care and God Bless!!!!!!!!

Eric J. Birkholz
2006 NGA HOOTERS TOUR PLAYER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home