Steve Harsha on tour

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Still work to be done


Well its official, I have missed the Monday qualifier spot for the second week in a row. It's very disappointing to miss two weeks in a row as I just can't seem to get it done on the course, but as my best friend Brian says this is a marathon not a sprint and it's his words I have been playing in my head over and over since last week to help from getting too discouraged. Some highlights from the round however were a good start with a believe it or not great bogey (one shot worse than allowed for the hole for you non golfers) hitting my tee shot into a water hazard off the tee and recovering quite nicely. On the second hole a 554 yard par five I hit driver, then six iron onto the green and drained a ten footer for my first eagle in a professional event!!! This propelled me in the early parts of the round making par on the next three holes, and feeling like I could score very well. I have been working very hard on my ball-striking this past week and it seemed to pay off for most of the round. Also my wedges were once again much improved as I said I had been working non stop since I left trying to dial them in. Unfortunates however the rest of the round would prove to be very poor as my confidence is at a rare low lately. I have all the shots I need, and I know what I am supposed to do, I guess I just fear the bad and it seems to be keeping me from playing well. I need to work this week more on ball-striking but more than anything getting some confidence in myself and executing when I need to. Sorry to let everyone down, I assure you I will be playing the way I was born to soon, and one positive thing I can say this has created is the hunger to become better and the feeling that once I get in to a tournament all the boys on tour better be on their game!!!... I put a picture of me kicking the sand back in place after a bunker shot during a practice round, as I felt I spent too much time on the beach in my qualifier, and it showed my opinion of my poor round hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home