Steve Harsha on tour

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sad News

Well it has been a long time since I have posted and I can’t begin to tell you why... I am sure most of you have stopped looking at my website all together and that’s understandable, but for those of you still checking I guess I better give you my last update. I have not been playing very well at all lately as many of you know and it has been getting very frustrating, I just don’t know what's wrong with me!! Anyway unfortunately my sponsor has stopped giving me money for more reasons than that and I will no longer be able to play on the Hooters Tour this year. It seems that I didn’t play well enough to continue and although discouraging I hope you all know this is not me quitting... rather I feel it will give me some time to build the much needed confidence that I have been without all season. The truth is I know deep down what I can do I just get so caught up with what I have been doing on the course lately (very poorly) that I forget what I’m capable of. I don’t know what else to say other than I am not giving up, and I have no excuse I just need to work harder and get my head in a good place before I am going to succeed, it will happen I know it will.

For those of you who don’t know I am planning to instead of returning to California, move to Indiana where I have lots of family and a very positive environment!!! I just was so happy the last week I was there and everyone seems to like me being there I think it will be a good change and I can focus more on continuing my golf career in stead of falling back into the same routine at home. I am looking foreward to spending alot of time with all of them as i get along so well with everyone so I am renting a car and driving me and all of my stuff from Virginia to Indiana on Thursday the 8th and will arrive that same day. I am just really sad that I wasn't able to finish this season on tour as the experience is very important, and I feel very strongly against quitting for any reason, unfortunately in this case I had no choice!
Thank you again for being interested and I hope to see everyone soon!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news, Steve and am glad you felt up to writing an update. You are embarking on a new adventure! Good for you. Life takes unexpected twists and turns sometimes and then we look back later and it all makes sense. Don't be too hard on yourself! You are a winner.
Nancy (aunt)

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this an official end to the blog? And although I don't want to sound selfish (like that could ever happen! ha!), does this also mean that my hopes for getting a blog mention are officially dashed? Cause you could always rename the site...for example: Steve Harsha in the Midwest, or Steve Harsha in Indiana, or Steve Harsha Pilot Extraordinare. And then you could write a post about everything we do when I come visit you (and when you come visit me...hint hint) and then people would be highly jealous of how fabulous we are. New plan.
P.S. I still miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home