Steve Harsha on tour

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fall Golf in Indiana






Today I played the first serious round of golf since my ankle injury and wow what a treat, the leaves are changing and for the first time ever changes in nature are illustrating the seasons change not calendar day's! As for my round of golf it was one of the best I can remember... I was very even tempered all day, I didn't miss many shot's in bad places, I putted like a champ, I made up and downs when needed and felt as confident in myself as I ever have! The course is a very very narrow setup and over 7300 yards from the back tees that proves quite the challenge for most golfers. It was rated in the top 10 most difficult public courses in America for 2003 and 2004!!! (no surprise to me just look at those narrow tree-lined fairways:) Another thing I must mention is how much I appreciate Moogie(my brother) and J's (my good friend/roommate at home) birthday gift last year, an I-pod nano! I honestly have not had a session of practice or played a round of golf without listening to it the entire time since I got it, it helps me have a very short memory on the golf course and practice tee and I have found it EXTREMELY beneficial to my mental game so Thanks Guys!! I also figure that when I make it to the PGA tour Apple will be giving me a nice contract as the only player to compete while rocking out to the ipod proudly displaying the white headphones!(*fingers crossed*)

Lets see what else is new, well I got yet another job to earn a little extra money over winter as a waiter at Chili's here in town. So far it's really great as I get to interact with a whole lot of interesting people, I am always around food (one of my favorite things ever) and the money is surprisingly pretty good! Another one of the up sides is the schedule flexibility that allows me to continue to practice and play golf every day as I prepare for competition next year! I guess that's it for now but keep the posts coming and always feel free to email and call
-Steve

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

That is a gorgeous course..first thing I said to myself was "man, those fairways are narrow!" anyway, get well and hope to see you back.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good Ole Indiana =)

-Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home